Apollo Bay has a great and safe swimming beach with good surf to get out the boogie boards or try your hand at a local surfing lesson. Seal Kayak tours are also available. Click here for more information.
Fishing is also popular with many fishing spots off the beach, pier, breakwater or harbour. Chartered tours also available.
Local 9 hole golf course for a quick round with some great views to tee off from.
Marriners lookout is a great location in town to get some fantastic photos of the town and coastline or just to chill out for a while.
There are plenty of self drive day trips that can be done:
- Visit the world famous Twelve Apostles including Loch Ard Gorge.
- Explore the history of the Cape Otway Lightstation. Click here for more information.
- Walk among the trees at the Otway Fly Treetop Adventures or book a zip line tour. Click here for more information.
- Stroll around Maits Rest Rainforest Walk part of the Great Otway National Park.
- Stay with us before and after the spectacular challenge of the Great Ocean Walk, 91kms of walking track from Apollo Bay to the Twelve Apostles. Click here for more information.
- Check out one of the many waterfalls in the area like Triplet Falls, Hopetoun Falls, Beauchamp Falls and be sure to walk beneath the huge Californian Redwoods while you're at it.